Tuesday, May 27, 2014

5.27.14

#YesAllWomen because ‘I have a boyfriend’ is more effective than ‘I’m not interested’—men respect other men more than my right to say no
Because I’ve already rehearsed “Take whatever you want, just don’t hurt me.” #YesAllWomen
#YesAllWomen because every time I try to say that I want gender equality I have to explain that I don’t hate men.
Men’s greatest fear is that women will laugh at them, while women’s greatest fear is that men will kill them. -Margaret Atwood #YesAllWomen
Because in about 30 states, rapists whose victims choose to keep the baby can get parental rights, like weekend visitation. WTF #YesAllWomen
#yesallwomen because apparently the clothes I wear is a more valid form of consent than the words I say
I repeat: the fact that there are male victims isn’t proof it’s not misogyny. It’s evidence that misogyny hurts men too. #YesAllWomen
Because if I know I will be out til after dark, I start planning my route home hours, even days, beforehand #yesallwomen
1.  Launch --Communicate your needs!
2.  The New Yorker -- #yesallwomen and gender-based violence
     2a.  Response log
3.  SHRRPin' it up
    3a.  MLA Format Research Paper Checklist
    3b.  Work time
    3c.  Check ins with Ms. G
4.  Annotated Bibliography exemplar (Ms. G's college paper)

Resource Bank:

Think you're finished? Revise for these following things!

No comments:

Post a Comment