Thursday, May 22, 2014

American Teenager Project Day 1

1.  Launch -- Check out Humans of New York
     1a.  Interview of Brandon Stanton
2.  Burning Man photo-narrative
     2a.  The power of captions
3.  Chalk Talk -- Silently agree/disagree with the following statements, on the butcher paper around the room

  • Failing is a student's fault. 
  • I feel seen, and heard.
  • LGBTQ people should be allowed to get married.
  • People of color are treated unfairly by the justice system.
  • Immigrants make our community stronger.
  • I feel disempowered, because...
  • Most people think I am __________, but really, I am ___________.
  • Zip code and skin color determine whether you go to college, or prison.
  • My gender/race/body type stop me from pursuing all the things I want to do. 

4.  In My Neighborhood -- A Collaborative Poem
5.  What's the story here?
6.  Ethnography Practice
7.  Documentary Photography Lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment