Monday, May 5, 2014

5.5.14

Objective:
I can demonstrate understanding of the parameters for the SHRRP outline, and track my research in my dialectical research log.  I can collate evidence, evaluating it for credibility and usefulness.

I can deepen my understanding of gender-based violence, by perusing and responding to terminology and literary accounts.  I can support my assertions with textual evidence.

I can make inferences, evaluate evidence and conclusions, detect underlying assumptions, and see relationships around a theme of injustice.



1.  Launch:  Start reading through your vocabulary
2.  Review SHRRP Vocab Week 3
3.  'Bring Back Our Girls' by Nicholas Kristof
     3a.  Response log
4.  Ananya Roy Response Log Submission Form
     4a.  TED Talk by Ananya Roy
     4b.  Response Log
5.  Self-differentiated work time
     5a.  Collating research (should be finishing up 6 sources by this time)
     5b.  Refresher on how to use easybib.com
     5c.  Prepare for tomorrow's quickwrite, by reading homework
     5d.  'Pull up a chair' if you're struggling!
6.  Exit ticket

Check out Ms. G's college essay

Homework:  Read and annotate Solidarity Not Charity: Racism in Katrina Relief Work (be prepared for a quickwrite about it TOMORROW)

No comments:

Post a Comment