Tuesday, May 6, 2014

5.6.14

Objectives:
I can demonstrate understanding of the parameters for the SHRRP outline, and track my research in my dialectical research log.  I can collate evidence, evaluating it for credibility and usefulness.

I can deepen my understanding of gender-based violence, by perusing and responding to terminology and literary accounts.  I can support my assertions with textual evidence.

I can make inferences, evaluate evidence and conclusions, detect underlying assumptions, and see relationships around a theme of injustice.
The SHRRP might make you feel like this...

or even, like this...
But Ms. G has your back!
1.  Launch:  Communicate your needs!
    1a.  When you are finished, check out The Male Privilege Checklist
2.  Framing for the day:
     2a.  Norms
     2b.  Agenda
     2c.  Keeping our finger on the pulse: gender-based violence
     2d.  Response Log
3.  Video of Sierra Leone
4.  Read intro of "Half the Sky"
5.  Groups:
     5a.  Group 1:  APES students will review lesson from yesterday
     5b.  Group 2:  Everyone else will try to finish their SHRRP research
6.  Stations!
     6a.  During our stations, Ms. G will hold conferences
7.  Break -- take care of personal needs, so that we can all be productive
     7a.  Meditation
8.  clip from "Girl Rising"
     8a.  Discussion
9.  Wide-Angle Presentation:  "Contestant No. 2"
     9a.  Discussion
     9b.  Response Log
10.  Exit ticket:  Process Check


For mini-lessons on evaluating the credibility of a source, using easybib.com, and designing search terms, navigate to this powerpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment