Monday, April 28, 2014

4.28.14

Objective:
I can understand the parameters for the SHRRP outline, and track my research in my dialectical research log.  I can collate evidence, evaluating it for credibility and usefulness.

I can deepen my understanding of global poverty, by perusing and responding to terminology and literary accounts.  I can support my assertions with textual evidence.



1.  Launch:  Check out this website
2.  Vocabulary:  SHRRP Week 2
    2a.  Test on Friday
3.  Week 2:  Research Sources and Creating an Outline
     3a.  SHRRP Outline and Source List
     3b.  Dialectical Research Log
4.  Individuated work time
     4a.  Problem Statements (if necessary)
     4b.  Problem Statement Submission Form
     4c.  Start research
5.  Exit ticket


SHRRP Research Compendium
i.  Week 1:
    a.  UNICEF
    b.  NESRI
    c.  Learning Outcomes Assessment
    d.  HREA Study Guide
    e.  NPR: on bias amongst professors (audio)
    f.  Access of Ethnic Minorities to Higher Education (article published by Berkeley Center for Higher Education)
    g.  The Opportunity Gap (NYTimes article)
    h.  Michigan's Ban on Affirmative Action Upheld by Supreme Court (CNN)
    i.  Minorities and whites follow unequal paths to college  (Washington Post)

ii.  Week 2:
     a.  The Eyes of the Poor by Charles Baudelaire
     b.  The Nobodies by Eduardo Galeano
     c.  What is Poverty?  by Jo Goodwin Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment